If you’re not building an email list for your blog, then you’re leaving money on the table.
However, you’re also letting a lot of money slip through your fingers if too many of your visitors are leaving your site without joining your email list.
You want your blog readers to convert into email subscribers so that you can drive traffic to your blog through your list, promote affiliate products, or even sell your own products.
Email subscribers convert into paying customers more easily than any other media and if you’re not utilizing the power of email marketing in your blogging biz, you’re really missing out.
So, how do you actually get your blog readers to join your email list?
In this post, I share how you easily convert your blog visitors into email subscribers in just 5 simple steps.
Choosing the Right Email Marketing Platform
The most important part of building an email list is getting started with the right email marketing tool.
Choosing the wrong or cheap platforms like Mailchimp can cost you a lot of time and money later. A few reasons for not choosing them are –
- Poor deliverability rates
- Affiliate links not allowed
- Switching your email marketing platform will get really difficult once your email list starts growing and you have many email sequences in place
This a mistake that you can’t afford to make at any cost.
That is why I always recommend ConvertKit (I use it myself as well). They are the most popular and highly recommended email marketing tool among bloggers and content creators.
Creating forms, sequences, and automations is so much fun in ConvertKit. Basically, ConvertKit makes email marketing easy for bloggers & content creators.
Plus, if you sign up through my link, you get a 30-day trial instead of a regular 14 (without any credit card). The normal free trial is for 14 days, so if you want extra 14 days, make sure to sign-up from below.
Once you reach their platform, follow a few quick easy steps and set up your account, you can start with the next part i.e turning your blog readers into email list subscribers.
Create a squeeze page
You can’t just put up the words “free newsletter,” post your subscription form, and expect a rush of new subscriptions.
Instead, you need to create a squeeze page, which is a sales letter for your newsletter. This page should include the usual parts of a sales letter such as the headline, the bulleted benefit list, and a strong call to action.
Here are two additional tips:
- Answer the “what’s in it for me” question. From the second your reader lands on your squeeze page, he’s going to wonder, “what’s in it for me?” Your headline should answer that question by promising a big benefit. And every line of your copy should continue answering that question until your prospect is convinced he needs to join your list.
- Make it reader-oriented. Your letter should use the word “you” as much as possible (otherwise the reader will lose interest). If you have statements that include the word “I,” see if you can rewrite them using the word “you.”
Example: “I’ll show you how to train your dog.”
Rewritten: “You’ll discover how to train your dog.”
Offer a Freebie
Yes, your newsletter is free. But you need to offer a little extra bonus to entice subscribers to join now. This extra bonus might be something like:
- A free report or ebook.
- A free multi-part e-course delivered by autoresponder. (This is one of the best freebies because it trains your subscribers to read your emails!)
- Free access to a membership site.
- Free access to a webinar.
- Free audio recordings.
- Free video.
- Free software.
- Or other free tools or resources.
It could be anything as long as it provides value to your readers.
Your prospects don’t believe you. And if they don’t believe you, they’ll guard their email addresses and click the back button.
That’s why you should include proof such as endorsements, testimonials, screenshots, videos, pictures, and other evidence that your claims are true.
- You might provide “before” and “after” pictures on a fitness site.
- Or you might provide the picture of your affiliate earnings to show that you know what you’re talking about in terms of affiliate marketing.
One of the best ways to boost your conversion rate is by arousing your prospect’s curiosity about your newsletter and/or your freebie.
You can do this in your headline as well as in your list of benefits.
- “Discover a sales letter trick that doubles your conversion rate overnight – see page 18 to learn this surprisingly simple trick!”
- Or “You’ll find out what five words you can say to a marketer that will virtually guarantee he’ll agree to your joint venture!”
But it can boost your conversion rate among those individuals who are concerned about how you’ll use their contact details. Be sure to let subscribers know you won’t trade, sell, or otherwise share their information.
7 Ways to Grow your Email List
If you’re struggling to grow your email list, you can grab my FREE mini report “7 ways to grow your email list” from below.
It contains 7 awesome ways that the top bloggers use to explode their email list growth. Grab it from below!
Just knowing these tips won’t grow your email list.
So start applying them today, because the sooner you do, the sooner you can reap the rewards!
If you found this post useful, please pin it to one of your Pinterest boards. It won’t take more than a few seconds.